Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Cool Stuff: Aida Dirse Ceramic Bowls

So yesterday was my birthday. (And no, I'm not going to tell you which one. OK, fine: 29. ;-)

I told my mother not to get me anything, because she was taking us all out to a nice dinner (here, for any of you locals reading). She's an inveterate shopper, though, and I secretly knew there was really no stopping her. But what kills me is that she drove an hour into San Francisco to go to a little shop I'd once mentioned in passing that I liked, and picked up something there that I'd been pining over for months but probably never would have splurged on for myself.

This petite bowl, hand-built in Lithuania by ceramic artist Aida Dirse, is just exquisite. I adore its texture and imperfection and its cheerful pattern. But most of all, I love that it's now mine. Thank you, Mom!

(If you're tempted to get one of your own, they're $72 to $87 from Rare Device.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww - what a great mom! Happy *cough* 29th birthday!

K said...

ohh what pretty pretty bowls! love that picture showing all of the colorful insides...

corine said...

The bowls are wonderful. Which one did you get. Not all of them I wonder?

Happy twenty ninth for ever!

tinyparticlesoflight said...

Your mom is so cool for actually knowing what you would like! I love these bowls!!

Denise Kiggan said...

Belated Happy 29th!!!!

 

©Copyright 2007-2014 More Ways To Waste Time and Leah Hennen. All Rights Reserved.