Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Green Thumb: Vertical Gardens at Flora Grubb


This image of the new vertical succulent garden at San Francisco's Flora Grubb stopped me in my tracks when I saw it, and I just had to share it here.

More "green wall" inspiration:

Another installation from Grubb and fiancé Kevin Smith.


Photo by Max Whittaker for the New York Times

The vertical Tillandsia garden (yet another Grubb/Smith creation) at Napa Valley's Bardessono Hotel.

Wouldn't one of these be a fantastic addition to a patio, garden fence, or atrium? If you're game to try your hand at building a "living wall," you can find a video tutorial right here.

4 comments:

pigeon.toed said...

that second image is amazing. i love succulents.

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable stuff. I want a wall-o-cacti too.

drollgirl said...

what?!@?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? ohmylord. i love it so much that it HURTS because i don't have it. wah. but so cool.

Unknown said...

this is just awesome. flat out. i love that first pick and now i want a red exterior wall so I can recreate!

 

©Copyright 2007-2014 More Ways To Waste Time and Leah Hennen. All Rights Reserved.